Polk County Public Safety Director Randy Lacey said he wasn’t sure if anyone was home at the time of the blaze, which occurred around 4 p.m., but no one was in the home when firefighters arrived.
He said a possible cause is dryer lint catching fire.
Most of the damage, which Lacey estimates to cost around $20,000, is from smoke.
Five volunteer fire stations were called to the fire, along with Redmond EMS and Polk County Police. Lacey said he called extra stations so firefighters can rotate working in the heat.
The EMS crew was providing medical relief for firefighters, including water, checking firefighters’ vital signs and cool down techniques.