1. The Cedartown Senior Citizen Nutrition Center located next to Burt Wood Park has activities Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Seniors 55 and older may participate in activites. Seniors 60 and older may participate in activities as well as nutritional meals and trips.
2. Redmond Emergency Medical Services is hosting a Community Appreciation Day event 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. today, Thursday, July 12, 2012, at the Aragon Fire Department,, 2814 Rome Hwy., Aragon. The public is invited to stop by for hotdogs, hamburgers and door prizes.
3. The House Outreach Ministry, 663 Bethel Church Road, Silver Creek, will offer meals to any child under 18 every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from June 5 through July 26 at 11 a.m. There are no income requirements. For more information call 706-936-0942.
4. The Cedartown Parks and Recreation Authority offers line dancing lessions from 6-8 p.m. every Thursday in the Christion Center located at 605 Lanton Dr.
5. The American Cancer Society in Polk County needs volunteers. If you have a few hours a week or a month please call Sandy Matheson at 423-421-4092 or email email@example.com . For more information about the American Cancer Society visit www.cancer.org or call 1-800-ACS-2345.
If you have an event you would like posted on the PolkFishwrap, contact Jake Carter firstname.lastname@example.org or call 770-748-1520.